English Level 2
The Functional Skills qualification in English at Level 2 is an ideal qualification for learners wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in English in order to work confidently, effectively and independently at work, in further study and in life.
It is suitable for a wide range of learners and fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications, including Apprenticeships.
The English Level 2 course will enable you to revisit all the basics of English; expand your vocabulary, increase your knowledge of grammar and learn how to communicate in practical situations.
The Functional Skills qualifications in English (at all Levels), assess three components:
- speaking, listening and communication.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for Entry Level 2. All candidates will take an initial Skills Assessment and Diagnostic test (online or paper- based) to assess the appropriate level of entry.
Learners registered on these qualifications shouldn’t undertake another qualification at the same time with the same or a similar title, as duplication of learning may affect funding eligibility.
Units and Assessment
- Reading: Multiple choice (online, using e-volve system) or written
- Writing: Multiple choice (online, using e-volve system) or written
- Speaking, listening and communication: Assignment
Test duration and permitted materials
For written tests:
- Writing: test – 80 minutes (dictionary allowed)
- Reading: test – 70 minutes (dictionary allowed)
For multiple choice tests:
- Writing: test – 80 minutes (electronic grammar and spell checkers are permitted, internet access is not permitted)
- Reading: test -70 minutes (electronic grammar and spell checkers are permitted, internet access is not permitted)
One-to one support from friendly, experienced functional skills tutors.
Functional Skills Qualification in English, Level 2
If you have any questions about this course or would like to discuss further, please get in touch.